Course overview and introduction
During events such as the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, which alter the business environment, marketing takes centre stage as the public face of an enterprise, for better or for worse. There is much uncertainty about the future which will more likely influence consumer behaviour for years to come and redefine marketing for the current and future generations.
B2B marketers are facing a new challenge and unique scenario which they haven’t dealt with before. A badly managed or poorly framed digital strategy can backfire during a crisis. That means, marketers need to be fast and pragmatic to adapt their strategy including how they lead their team, engage with their customers and manage their brand digitally so they are not perceived as indifferent or worse, insensitive during difficult times.
Digital channels are becoming the obvious choice for B2B marketers as buyers spend more time at home and there’s reason to believe that this behaviour shift will endure at some level. In this scenario, lead generation/demand generation are impacted due to the cancellation of an event, direct outreach via digital channels can be enormously helpful.
This course is designed to give you a practical guide to make a start with your digital marketing strategy and plan, whilst driving a strong cultural change in your organisation. This will help you identify and plot your digital journey, establish a digital framework, embed the right processes and governance tools to measure your digital success.
Aims of the course
The overall aim is to offer marketers a practical guide, skills and insights of building a robust digital culture to become highly effective digital marketers and generate a positive and measurable impact on their company’s bottom line.
Who is the course for?
This is a practical course for anyone involved with the hands-on management of digital channels at all levels who need to develop an understanding of digital marketing strategy, technology, tools, tactics and measurement of digital success.
You may be working client side or agency side, either in a digital marketing or broader marketing role. Beginner digital marketing knowledge is not required.
Benefits of attending the course
The course will benefit both attendees and their organisations as it will enable marketers to demonstrate how to future-proof their marketing using digital strategy, technology and tracking tools effectively. Provide a better understanding of effectively using digital marketing strategy, tactics and different tools, allowing them to play a more active part in helping their organisations succeed in their strategic objectives.
Attendees will receive a certificate detailing that they have successfully completed the course.
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Martech and campaign tagging
- Digital KPIs – performance and measurement
- Organic content – SEO and organic social media
- Paid media – PPC, Paid Social, Programmatic and other
- Digital strategy, virtual lead generation and content amplification
- Legal and compliance – GDPR, FCA guidelines and processes
- Website and Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Managing and keeping up with the future digital changes
Teaching and Learning Strategy
A relevant range of learning methods will be used depending upon the delivery channel, but will include:
- Seminars and tutorials
- Group work and discussions
- Case studies
Delegates are encouraged to bring their real-life challenges and examples to the group work discussion and send them in advance, so our trainers can help illustrate different solutions suitable for different business situations.
Intended learning objectives (ILOs)
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Understand how to begin digital transformation in the marketing team during the Covid-19 and enable the team to track their digital marketing efforts in the midst of a pandemic.
- Learn how to integrate digital marketing channels including, organic and paid media, B2B channels, website design, data analytics to generate inbound leads for their business.
- Understand what different tools and platforms (martech) are available and what are the right martech solutions to use to your advantage and accelerate demand generation.
- Learn how to attribute the digital marketing success against the marketing ROI to position marketing as a growth driver function for the business.
Lilia is the Head of Digital Marketing at Bionic, a digital pure-play helping SMEs across the UK with their business essentials, insurance, and finance. Lilia is responsible for shaping and executing the company’s omnichannel strategy with a particular focus on transformation, customer acquisition, and media.Lilia offers a unique and balanced perspective to digital marketing leveraging her diverse experience spanning both B2B and B2C roles across multiple industries FMCG, Travel, Publishing, Utilities, and Financial Services.
Lilia has a track-record in performance marketing, increasing revenue and sales across the board by implementing digital transformation hand in hand with marketing strategy. Her winning focus on branding and performance has brought her multiple digital marketing awards and a Rising Star in Performance Marketing nomination.
She is frequently invited to share her passion for marketing, creativity, and digital innovation at world-class marketing events; and often consults other businesses on overcoming complex digital marketing challenges.