Tell us about your role at Acadia?
My role at Acadia is varied. I am Global director for Marketing, Corporate Comms and Partnerships. I also sit on the Executive Team and I am head of the UK/European offices. The breadth of my role enables me to have a view into all parts of the organisation which helps to make strategic planning decisions as they relate to our brand and our overall messaging.
How did your business adapt and evolved in light of the pandemic and this new normal world?
Like many tech organisations, Acadia responded extremely well to the pandemic. The entire organisation pivoted “overnight” to a work from home culture and we were extremely successful. In fact, we have remained a fully flexible company – allowing people to work from home whenever suits them – from 1 day per week to full time depending on employee circumstances. This flexibility has been a huge positive when retaining and hiring staff. In terms of marketing, amongst several things, we started a Podcast series called “Ahead of the Curve”. We have just finished recording Season 3, episode 19. The podcasts receive a substantial download rate and we aim to cover interesting and topical subjects that are specific to Acadia’s niche market – risk management and derivatives.
What top tips would you give to fellow B2B marketers?
- Know your product/service – be the expert…it is a key differentiator as a marketer and will stand you in good stead for your entire career.
- Meet your customers – understand their pain points and challenges. It is the only way that you can speak to them in their language
- Be Bold
What future digital marketing and media opportunities do you think marketers can leverage over the next year to drive business growth?
It is important to stay relevant with your target audience – this could mean shifting the way you communicate and/or maintaining more traditional channels. The range of social media channels is growing, but don’t feel the urge to follow the retail trend if it doesn’t suit your business. So my advice is to embrace the digital future, but don’t leave your key target audience behind.
What are the top 5 Fintech Marketing trends to watch out for in 2023?
- Personalisation at scale: It is important to be able to tailor marketing messages to key influencers and utilise technology/data analytics to perfect your targeting
- Thought leadership: Build credibility through thought leaders within the firm where possible or partner with influencers
- Educate: Utilise content marketing to educate your audience especially if there is a regulatory angle where your product can add significant value
- Build Trust: Crucial to success is the ability to demonstrate data security and data privacy compliance
- Innovation: Continue to innovate in all aspects of the business from new product features to improved ways of delivering excellent client service
Laura Craft, Marketing Director, Acadia
Acadia – www.acadia.inc