Tell us about your role at Ozone API?
I’m Head of Marketing Ozone API, the leading standards-based open API platform that supports all global standards and provides the tools and expertise to help banks and financial institutions create real commercial value.
We empower banks and financial institutions to adapt and thrive in the new world of open finance by providing the technology to unlock the power of open banking and change the world.
I joined Ozone API as the first Marketing hire in March 2022. My goal was to establish a marketing department. The initial focus was to deliver an impactful rebrand and set up all the essential B2B marketing channels including social media, email marketing, public relations and events. Over a year later, we’ve expanded the Marketing team, have grown our marketing channels and are working on exciting product launches and content marketing campaigns.
What top tips would you give to fellow B2B marketers?
- It’s no secret that marketing budgets are under strain in the current economic climate, so ensure that you adapt your marketing strategy for this recession. Work closely with the sales team to find the best ways to deliver on your combined goals. Think out of the box. How can you deliver value to prospective customers in an always-on, friction-free manner and reach them in the places where they want to consume it?
- You don’t always need big budgets to make a marketing campaign successful. Think creatively about how you can innovatively leverage your owned channels and human resources if you are limited by budget. For instance, we recently launched The Global Open Data Tracker and leveraged our employee advocates. We asked the commercial team to spread the word about our new, free industry resource with their contacts in a personalised email and on LinkedIn. We also sent out a launch email campaign to our marketing subscribers and created an automated email workflow on HubSpot to nurture and convert leads. This was done in parallel with a press release, blog articles and a variety of digital content assets created in-house that was across our social media channels.
- Remember that we are all human. Regardless of whether you are marketing to B2B or B2C audience, as marketers we are speaking to people, so maintain a Business 2 People (B2P) perspective and keep personalisation front and centre.
What future digital opportunities do you think marketers can leverage over the next year to drive business growth?
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the big trend to watch as it’s revolutionising how we work. We’ll need to upskill and reskill ourselves and our teams so that we can work smarter and adopt the latest technology. We’re already incorporating tools like ChatGPT, which speeds up certain tasks and frees up time for increased creativity and innovation.
- Video content isn’t new but video formats and platform functionality have evolved. Short form video content is a great way to present information in a visually engaging way. For example, video content on LinkedIn auto plays so it’s more likely to grab attention while you’re scrolling. People have more tolerance for digesting 20 seconds of information than reading a few paragraphs of text. This presents the perfect opportunity for brand awareness and consideration.
- Brand / social listening and personalisation, in conjunction with one another, is another great opportunity for Fintech marketers to understand what people are interested in and talking about (through brand listening). This can help create more personalised content that actually meets the needs or interests of the target audience. In a world of people becoming more private, switching off cookies and ignoring emails, being able to personalise the experience for them might become key to getting through to them.
What are the top 5 Fintech Marketing trends to watch out for in 2023?
- Artificial Intelligence and the impact of marketing automation will increase.
- We’ll continue to see Fintechs competing for key audience’s attention in the Fintech B2B content marketing space as it becomes increasingly more populated.
- Traditional metrics and analytics will transform to cater to evolving digital marketing channels.
- It’s going to be interesting to see if any fintech brands adopt Influencer Marketing following Ryan Reynold’s collaboration with Canadian fintech, Nuvei.
- Social responsibility and ESG efforts will become even more prevalent
Katie Hayes, Head Of Marketing
Ozone API – www.ozoneapi.com