Christopher G. Fox, PhD, Managing Partner, Syncresis®. Fox has a career-long history helping people translate their ideas into clean, clear communications. He is a visionary communications and marketing executive who is passionate about ideas, while at the same time committed to getting things done.
As Managing Partner of Syncresis, a strategic communications firm focusing exclusively on financial services and fintech, Fox focuses on thought leadership, content marketing, communication strategy, and online marketing program management. He helps companies and their top thought leaders raise their public profile by putting their best thinking forward via effective messages, compelling stories, and transformational conversations. His work helps financial service innovators position themselves as thought leaders by clearly answering why, when, where, and on which topics they should be present to be a leader in their market segment. He then delivers on that plan by developing content that captures his clients’ unique value and expertise.
Fox’s experience spans financial services, professional services, and education. His strengths include marketing strategy; content development; organizational behavior; program planning and project management; strategic communications; public relations; and print, digital and social media.
Career successes and results:
- Developing integrated marketing and communication plans for dozens of clients, helping them reach a wide variety of audiences via thought leadership, including customers, clients, recruits, employees, investors, and influencers
- Extracting compelling messages and stories from complex intellectual property in financial topics including asset securitization; trustee and agent services; payment processing; cash and treasury management; trade document management; risk and resiliency; compliance; crypto and digital assets; and automation, robotics, and AI
- Created and managed a Media Intelligence program for a global institutional bank, focused on daily newsletters and regular analytic reporting on share of voice and reputation
- Created strategic and operational plans for transformation of a bank-wide Client Communications function
- Defined Standard Operating Procedures for External Communications for one of a large global bank’s core lines of business
- Secured over 2,200 mentions, quotes, and features in major global media (Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Economist, New York Times, Forbes, etc.) for a top-three business consulting firm over the course of three years
- Developed a sales and marketing infrastructure as interim Chief Marketing Officer for an online education startup now in its ninth year of operation
- Conducted program management (budgeting, planning, and development) of a $4 million annual enterprise portal targeting corporate communications, HR, sales, and marketing for one of the world’s most recognizable personal and household care product manufacturers
Fox has over two decades of professional experience in public relations and communications, marketing, branding, and project/program management. He is also the founder of Kindness Communication®, which focuses on improving the quality of interaction among colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
In other roles, Fox worked at BNY Mellon, where he developed, planned, and executed the external communications strategy for three major areas of the business: Corporate Trust, Treasury Services, and Client Operations. Earlier in his career, he worked at other consultancies and agencies, and held administrative and faculty positions at Seton Hall University, Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities (Rutgers and Princeton University), and Emory University. He earned his PhD from The Johns Hopkins University and his BA summa cum laude from Amherst College.
Contact Christopher Fox at email@example.com
Christopher G. Fox